This website uses cookies for anonymised analytics and for account authentication. See our privacy and cookies policies for more information.





The voice of Scotland’s vibrant voluntary sector

Published by Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations

TFN is published by the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations, Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6BB. The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Registration number SC003558.

Company linked to Prince Charles under investigation from OSCR

 

The regulator has confirmed it will look into the work of a property company linked to the heir's Prince's Foundation.

Scotland’s charity watchdog has confirmed it is investigating the financial dealings of a property company linked to Prince Charles’s eco-village in Ayrshire. 

Havisham Properties, owned by Tory peer Lord David Brownlow, bought 11 homes on the Knockroon estate development near Cumnock. 

The land was originally bought as farmland by Prince Charles due to its proximity to mansion, Dumfries House. 

The Guardian has reported that the homes are understood to have been bought between 2012 and 2017 for £1.7m, having originally been planned as an eco-village intended to attract jobs and revitalise the former mining community.

TFN has previously reported on the issues facing the site, with development stalling over a number of years. 

A spokesman for the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator told the newspaper: “We can confirm that the work of Havisham Group and property transactions relating to the Knockroon development in Ayrshire forms part of our overall investigation, work on which is ongoing.”

The news comes after the Sunday Times published allegations that Prince Charles gave Lord Brownlow a royal honour at Buckingham Palace in 2018 after the 58-year-old made millions of pounds of donations to the heir’s charities. 

A Prince’s Foundation spokeswoman told the newspaper: “Lord Brownlow was appointed CVO in 2018 in recognition of his role of chair of the charity the Prince’s Foundation for Building Community.”

This follows reports that the Prince of Wales will not accept any further large cash donations for his charities after claims he personally received €3million in cash from a billionaire Qatari sheikh on various occasions in suitcases, holdalls and a carrier bag.

 

Comments

Be the first to comment.