Scotland’s voluntary sector celebrated at SCVO’s annual awards ceremony.
The winners of the Scottish Charity Awards were announced in a celebratory awards ceremony in the capital.
The event, recognising Scotland’s voluntary sector, was held at the Sheraton Hotel, Edinburgh on Friday evening.
Hosted by Sally Magnusson and run annually by the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO), the Scottish Charity Awards celebrates the best of the voluntary sector.
This year’s shortlist included 32 individuals and organisations from charities, social enterprises and voluntary groups across the country.
The winner of each of the nine categories was decided by a judging panel, with the tenth People’s Choice category winner decided by the public with over 14,000 votes cast online.
The winners of the Scottish Charity Awards 2023 are:
- Campaign of the Year award: Feniks
- Volunteer of the Year award: Andrii Zhehestovskyi - Libraries & Information Services Dundee
- Community Action award: Fresh Start Scotland
- Employee of the Year award: Paul Sheerin - Beatson Cancer Charity
- Climate Conscious award: Climate Action Strathaven
- Pioneering Project award: Quarriers
- Trustee of the Year award: Vongayi Mufara - Amma Birth Companions
- Digital Citizen award: Simon Community Scotland
- People’s Choice award: Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
- Charity of the Year award: Diversified
Anna Fowlie, chief executive of SCVO, said: "What a fabulous event to celebrate the achievements of organisations and people across the voluntary sector in Scotland.
"Our finalists and winners are all shining examples of the great things happening thanks to the commitment of people working and volunteering in charities, community groups and social enterprises, all championing good causes, providing vital support and making our communities better places to live.
"Every community, and every part of our society, benefits from the work that SCVO is lucky to see on a daily basis.
"Thank you to everyone who participated in the Scottish Charity Awards this year, including our sponsors, the Sheraton for hosting us and of course to Sally Magnusson who was lovely as ever.
"Congratulations to all the finalists - I'm already looking forward to what the next year brings!"