Online - Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds
- Are you ready for fundraising? Starting from a position of strength - not begging because of need.
- What exactly do fundraisers do anyway? What's needed to start effective fundraising.
- The Big Picture - fundraising landscape post-covid: Who has the money? How much is there? Who gets it?
- How fundraising works and why people give:
- The Pyramid - Cultivation and the role of profile raising;
- The Prospect Onion - Identifying your potential donors;
- The Seven Steps of Fundraising - an oldie but goodie.
- Project Profiling: A tool to identify what needs funding in your organisation and who should fund it.
- Individual Giving: How and why people give.
- Trusts and Foundations: The Trust Landscape – how and why they give.
- Company Giving: How and why companies can support your organisation.
- Community Fundraising: What is happening with Community Fundraising post covid.
- Research to support fundraising
Competition for funding is fierce, funders receive more and more applications every year and so it is vital you know where to begin when unlocking potential funds for your organisation.
This online course is delivered in two 3-hour sessions and will be supplemented by a suggested pre- course reading list, additional electronic learning materials and a short homework assignment between sessions.
Session 1 - 17 January, 10am - 1pm
Session 2 - 24 January, 10am - 1pm
Book this course and Develop your fundraising skills: thriving funds in difficult times, get 10% off the second course!Overall course aim
The aim of this online introductory course with Pam Judson is to look at a range of techniques and approaches to use for effective fundraising and examine the fundraising landscape post-covid.Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is for individuals from the voluntary sector and social enterprises who are fairly new to fundraising or for those with some experience who wish to update and enhance their knowledge and skills.Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- 10:00, 17th January to 24th January 2022
- Helen Swatton
- SCVO members £110, Non-members £180
- SCVO Zoom meeting
Leading Scots charity ordered to pay £51,000 to employee it unfairly dismissed Care workers in Scotland will not be forced to receive Covid-19 vaccination Scots charity boss accepts OBE but hits out at honour system's colonial pastShamima Begum is a brainwashed child - and should be allowed to return