Adapt and develop your management skills: managing people in the modern world
This event is in the pastCourse overview
The world we live and work in is changing at an ever increasing pace. Both employees and clients have different expectations and needs to those of 12 months ago, with much going online and remote management becoming a norm. You will have to continue to adapt your ways of working to these new norms, remote working and the increasing pace of change, it is a truth that we are all facing.
There is a direct correlation between your management skills and the performance of your team/ department or organisation in this new operating environment. Many leaders and managers are realising they cannot use 20th Century management techniques in this new norm.
In this online course with Mark Douglas from Blue Ptarmigan you will explore how to get the best out of your people and create working environments where people feel empowered and engaged. We will discuss the power of having a core purpose, the stages of team development and how to handle day to day team conflict. You will explore emotional intelligence and the four areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management. We will share how best to manage organisational change and introduce new way of working and best practice around giving and receiving feedback. Finally, we will cover coaching and mentoring and how these approaches can improve ownership, learning and performance.Overall course aim
The aim of this online course is for you to:
· gain greater capability and confidence in leading and managing people, including remotely
· gain an enhanced ability to develop a core purpose and improve a team’s performance.
· feel less stressed about managing organisational change and team conflict
· gain a greater understanding how emotional intelligence can be used to enhance your people management skills
· feel more confident about giving and receiving feedback
· help your team will feel more empowered and engaged in their work
· feel better able to hold mentoring and coaching conversations
NB: This online course can be studied alone or in conjunction with our Introduction to people management: essentials for team leaders, supervisors and managers course and takes you towards the next step in your career as manager. Book this course and Introduction to people management: essentials for team leaders, get 10% off the second course!Who is the course aimed at?
This course is for both managers who wish to develop further their management skills or have limited formal training in people management.Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- 09:30-15:30, 8 December 2022
- Helen Swatton
- SCVO members £110, Non-members £180
- Attendance type
- Online only
- SCVO Zoom meeting