Develop your fundraising skills: thriving funds in difficult times
This event is in the past
- How has Covid affected your organisation? Your overall work. Your beneficiaries. Your funding.
- What has been your response? New or changed ways of working? New skills gained? New needs identified? Funds accessed or lost?
- Creating a powerful ‘case for support’ for your potential funders and supporters. Start from the Personal. Uses for the ‘case for Support’. How to aim the case for support for different audiences.
- Writing effective proposals and applications for funding: The basic components of a proposal. Filling in forms, and what to do when there is no form. Budget tips and full cost recovery. Bang for the buck.
- Evaluation and Monitoring for you and the funder: What data should be collected and how? How to show impact.
- Communications with donors and supporters.
- Fundraising Strategy in uncertain times: Basic strategy questions. Suggested Template for strategy.
- Stewardship and donor care – the heart of fundraising: Principles of good stewardship. The donor journey?
- Acknowledgement and Thank you: Saying thank you properly. Recognition and benefits
You already know the ABCs of fundraising so now it’s time to build upon your existing skills and knowledge as a practising fundraiser.
This online course is delivered in two 3-hour sessions and will be supplemented by a suggested pre- course reading list, additional electronic learning materials and a short homework assignment between sessions.
Session 1 - 23 November, 10am - 1pm
Session 2 - 30 November, 10am - 1pm
Book this course and Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds, get 10% off the second course!Overall course aim
The aim of this online course with Pam Judson is to develop your understanding of fundraising trends and how the funding landscape has changed, especially in the current crisis. You will discover how to approach funders, meet their criteria and build on relationships.Who is the course aimed at?
This online course is for those working in the voluntary sector and social enterprises who have fundraising experience already but want to update and enhance their knowledge and skills.Entry requirements
Participants will have completed 'Online - Get started with fundraising: building capacity to raise funds' or have previous experience in fundraising or want to refresh their existing skills and knowledge.
- 10:00, 23 November to 30 November 2023
- Helen Swatton
- SCVO members £115, Non-members £185
- Attendance type
- Online only
- SCVO Zoom meeting