Online - Introduction to people management: essentials for team leaders, supervisors and managers
This event is in the past
This interactive online course covers tools and techniques to get the best out of your people including delegation skills, team engagement and holding people to account. You will learn active listening and good questioning techniques, fundamental to handling difficult conversations and people. It will share the five steps to having great delivery conversations and how to adapt your approach to different people and scenarios. We explore how to create working environments where people feel empowered and engaged.Course overview
People management is often the biggest concern of team leaders, supervisors and managers, which is understandable given that it is a fundamental to being a great manager.
This online course with Mark Douglas from Blue Ptarmigan identifies what it means to be a great people manager, exploring the roles, responsibilities and skill sets required. It is delivered in one day, from 9.30am to 3.30pm with 3x 30 minute breaks, to allow you to focus on the subject and connect with the other participants.
Book this course and Adapt and develop your management skills: managing people in the modern, get 10% off the second course!Overall course aim
The aim of this online course is for you to:
- gain greater confidence and ability in managing, leading and supervising people
- understand how to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities
- know how to better handle difficult people, situations and conversations
- feel more confident in asking team members to complete tasks
- know how to get your team to feel more empowered and engaged in their work
- develop confidence in giving and receiving feedback
This course is for newly appointed or existing first level team leaders, supervisors and managers who have had limited formal training in people management.Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
- 09:30-15:30, 4th November 2021
- Helen Swatton
- SCVO members £110, Non-members £180
- SCVO Zoom meeting